Product Info & Specs
Rainier Ballistics LeadSafe Bullets – 9mm (.355 Diameter) 147 Grain Trucated Round Nose TRN – 1,000 Count
Rainier offers a large selection of swaged lead core copper plated bullets that are low in cost but substantially high in accuracy.
- Each Rainier bullet begins as a lead core that is swaged, not cast, for highest quality. Rainier uses only virgin and secondary lead alloys made to their strict specifications. This attention to quality enhances uniformity, accuracy and terminal performance.
- The swaged core then receives Rainier’s LeadSafeTMfull copper plating over the entire bullet. Only pure virgin copper is used with the same high purity found in computer circuit boards.
- Rainier then restrikes the complete bullet after plating to verify precise dimensional tolerances. Thus, each bullet is struck twice. This extra step is often missing with other bullets.
- Rainier’s LeadSafeTMfull copper plating gives a no exposed lead surfaces on the bullet, reducing your exposure to harmful lead vapors. This is particularly valuable when shooting indoors.
- A Rainier plated bullet experiences no jacket separation upon impact, giving better penetration and terminal performance.
- Rainier plated bullets give longer barrel life compared to jacketed bullets. Plus, you’ll see a cleaner bore after shooting Rainier bullets.
- Rainier’s hollow base design provides a better seal (obturation) against gas blow-by for cleaner, more accurate shooting. The hollow base also moves the center of gravity up further into the driving band, providing better stability and accuracy.
The bottom line is a better bullet that you can trust, shot after shot. That is the essence of Rainier Peak Performance.
Rainier recommends using commercially published jacketed bullet load data when loading their projectiles. There is no need for adjustment when using jacketed bullet load data. Rainier bullets are completely encapsulated in copper, creating a “Total Copper Jacket” (TCJ) through a specialized electroplating process, and are softer than traditionally jacketed bullets.
Rainier recommend a starting powder charge between the listed minimum and maximum load found in various published and reputable reloading manuals.
|Bullet Type||Truncated Round Nose (TRN)|
|MFG Part Number||9M/M 147TRN|