CTS Sting-Ball Grenade, Multi-Effect Non-Irritant Approx. 105 Rubber Balls – Model 9590
Sting-Ball Grenades are explosive “rubber-ball” style grenades that upon initiation eject rubber balls into a radius surrounding the device. Sting-Balls are primarily used for crowd control in indoor and outdoor situations.
- Type: “Sting-Ball” ™ Rubber Ball Hand Grenade – No Irritant
- Model Number: 9590
- Body Material: Rubber
- Discharge Time: Instantaneous
- Detonation Delay: 2.6 ±0.5 sec.
- Launchable: Yes
- Projectiles: 105 Rubber Ball (approx.)
- Projectile Diameter: .31 caliber rubber pellets
- Projectile Material: Rubber
- Projectile Hardness Projectile Weight: 75 Durometer “A” Scale .35 gm each
- Overall Height: 5.10” (130mm)
- Diameter Explosive Weight: 3 .125” (80mm) 8 gm
- Overall Weight: 315 gm
- Fuze Type: Model 201, Pyrotechnic delay
- Fuze Delay: 1.5 ±0.3 sec.
Purchase Requirements for Sting-Ball Grenades:
- Department / Agency / Government-direct sales only, no individual purchase
- Agency PO or official letterhead purchase authorization AND
- Department ORI (Originating Agency Identification) Number for ATF transfer AND
- Current training certifications are REQUIRED, NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Training certifications must clearly establish and state that the sworn officer employed by the purchasing agency has received instructor level training and been certified as such in the applicable less-lethal munitions within the last four years. Training must be from a licensed manufacturer, state accredited academy, or other professional sources deemed credible such as: