Product Info & Specs
Kel-Tec RDB17 5.56 / .223 Semi-Auto Carbine 17.2″ Barrel 20+1 Capacity – KELTEC RDB17
Through an ingenious and simple arrangement, Kel-Tec® has solved the main disadvantage of Bullpup rifles: case ejection! The RDB (Rifle Downward-ejecting Bullpup) actually ejects brass DOWN, not right in your face.
The RDB Rifle features a rotary bolt with a spring loaded ejector and an extractor facing down. The spent case is pulled backwards along the top of the magazine and then ejected through a vertical chute. The bolt travel is longer than traditional designs, but still well within the ergonomic constraints of a rifle.
The RDB is built around a common steel skeleton formed by the receiver and barrel sub-assemblies. Bolt, bolt carrier, firing mechanism, ejector chute and bolt stop are identical for all variations. The short stroke gas operated piston is fully adjustable for different ammunition and muzzle attachments.
- Rifle ejects brass down, not back
- Short stroke gas operated piston is fully adjustable for different ammunition and muzzle attachments
- Steel skeleton formed by the receiver and barrel sub-assembly
- Polymer frame for durability and weather resistance
- Easy to break down and service
- Mag release is a piece of spring steel that wraps around the mag
- Ergonomic thumb safety
- 1913 Picatinny rail for optics
- 1913 Picatinny rail on forend for foregrip, etc.
- Includes (1) 20-rd. magazine, and uses common AR magazines
|Model||Kel-Tec RDB 17|
|Caliber||5.56 NATO/.223 Remington|
|Barrel Length||17.2” Threaded Barrel|
|Barrel Threads||1/2×28″ TPI|
|Magazine Capacity||20+1 Round|
|Safety||Ergonomic Thumb Safety|
|Trigger Pull||4.5-5.5 lbs.|
|Magazine Compatibility||Standard AR-type magazines|