Please check our Firearm Sales Restrictions page first to ensure we sell and ship to your state of residence and any additional restrictions / limitations.
Please check your state and local laws for any applicable firearm purchasing regulation and limitations. Further, ensure we sell and ship firearms to your state of residence in our Firearms Sales Restrictions. By purchasing a firearm from Hurricanebutterfly.net, you agree that you are legally permissible to do so. Per Federal law, purchasers must be 21 years or older to qualify for the sale of a “handgun” and “other firearm” (receivers, frames, etc.) purchases. Purchasers must be 18 years or older to qualify for the sale of a “long gun”. Minimum State denoted age requirements regarding purchasing may apply.
Before you pull the trigger on a firearm purchase at hurricanebutterfly.net please acknowledge the following:
- All firearm sales are final, no returns. See our Warranty info for Hurricane Butterfly Manufacturing products
- At anytime, we reserve the right to cancel any order at our discretion; see our online sales policy for more info
- Your state of residence does not have restrictions for the firearm purchase, firearm orders to restricted locations will be cancelled
- You will adhere to hurricanebutterfly.net’s firearm purchasing / FFL transfer procedures set forth below
Firearm purchasing made easy with Hurricane Butterfly:
- Find the gun you want: Complete the order for the firearm on hurricanebutterfly.net
- Choose your FFL dealer (Federal Firearms Licensee): We cannot ship any type of firearm directly to you, firearms must ship to a local FFL dealer of your choice. Any legitimate gun store or gun dealer has an FFL license; pawn shops and collectors may also have them. Find a FFL Dealer Near You Please add the FFL dealers name in the comments section of your order.
- Pick up your gun: Complete the transfer of the firearm in accordance to Federal, State, and local law at the FFL dealer. Inspect your gun before accepting the transfer.
Arranging the FFL transfer for shipment:
- Find a licensed FFL dealer in your area.
- Contact the dealer and let them know you would like to receive a firearm for transfer from hurricanebutterfly.net The name on the license is “HBL”
- Be sure to ask about their FFL transfer fee
- If you agree to their FFL transfer procedure and fee schedule, arrange the transfer with your FFL dealer. (We do not arrange the transfer)
- Provide your dealer with our email firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax number (253) 272-4740 to transmit a copy of their signed, valid license. The accepting FFL can verify our information using the ATF’s FFL eZ-check website (FFL# pre & suffix: 9-91 03633) a copy of our complete FFL will be included with the shipment or provided prior to upon request.
- Once you have selected the FFL for the transfer, please indicate the dealers name in an email to us or on your order in so we can properly associate the dealer with the order and shipment. Login to your account to access order information
Expedite your firearm order:
- If you have preemptively decided on which FFL you will use for the transfer, please enter the dealers business name and city / state of operation in the comments section of your order.
- Please include your full name and order number on any correspondence you or your FFL may send us for proper association.
It is preferred to locate a FFL dealer for the transfer and shipment acceptance before you place the order. However, you can place your order first and then provide us with your FFL dealer info prior to order processing. We will hold your order for roughly 7 business days for adequate time to locate a dealer and coordinate the transfer, please contact us if there are any conflicts or delays in securing a FFL for the order.
Receiving the firearm from the transferring FFL:
Please inspect the firearm prior to completing the actual transfer of the firearm subsequently accepting your transfer. Once you accept the transfer, the gun is considered used and must be returned directly to the manufacturer for warranty repair or replacement. For Hurricane Butterfly Manufactured firearms, please see our Warranty policy. For safety reasons, we do not accept returns on firearm sales. All sales are final.
- Ammunition and Firearms can not be shipped in the same package. Orders completed with both items will be shipped in different packages. There may be additional shipping charges for the additional, separate package.
- Complete AR-15 upper and lower receivers cannot be placed in the same order
- Products purchased with firearm orders (stocks, etc.) that have potential for an NFA item cannot be purchased in the same order.
FAQ – Shipping:
How do I ship a firearm or FFL required product?
Hurricanebuterfly.net will ONLY transfer ownership of a firearm to individuals or agencies in possession of a valid Federal Firearms License (FFL). This means we cannot ship directly to you unless you are an FFL holder. If you do not hold a valid FFL, Hurricanebuterfly.net will transfer your purchased firearm to your choice of a licensed gun dealer in your state.
It is your responsibility:
- To ensure that the firearm is legal to import to and own in your state of residence. View State Restrictions Here
- To contact the FFL confirming they will accept an FFL transfer from Hurricane Butterfly without prior contact (see Arranging the FFL transfer for shipment above)
- To complete all required paperwork when you pick up your firearm purchase from your local dealer
Be aware that it is customary for your local dealer to charge a FFL transfer fee at the time you pick up your purchase. This transfer fee is strictly between you and your local dealer. Please check with your local dealer concerning their policies. Certain states and/or dealers also apply sales and/or use tax. This is between you and your FFL dealer. Hurricanebuterfly.net only collects sales and use tax if you reside in the state of WA.